Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to over 50,000 students, 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, nine straight years of record enrollment, global leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 Conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
The Theoretical Particle Physics Group in the Department of Physics at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for a Post-doctoral Research Fellow position beginning September 1, 2024. Faculty members of the group are Philip Argyres, Joachim Brod, Alex Kagan, Rohana Wijewardhana and Jure Zupan.
Current research interests of the Particle Theory Group include dark matter, flavor physics, phenomenology of the standard model, electroweak symmetry breaking, multi-loop calculations, machine learning, supersymmetric field theories, axion physics, gravitational physics, cosmology, and particle astrophysics.
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct research within the designated topic, such as those identified above.
- Assist in manuscript writing and presentation of research results.
- Participate in group meetings and collaborative projects.
Prior to date of the appointment:
- Ph.D. in Physics or closely related field.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Interested and qualified candidates must complete our online application. As part of the online application, you must attach:
- Current copy of your resume or CV
- One-page cover letter in pdf format giving the contact information for at least three people willing to write a letter of reference on your behalf.
We will begin reviewing applications on December 15, 2023; however, we will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Professor Joachim Brod by email at email@example.com.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate’s experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html.
For questions about the UC recruiting process or to request accommodations with the application, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.