Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, California is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of California Berkeley’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Agricultural and Resource Economics
A fully funded PhD in agriculture and resource economics is available at the University of California, Berkeley. Outstanding researchers are produced by the graduate program in development economics, environmental and energy economics, international commerce, and agricultural and resource policy.
Students in our PhD program follow a demanding curriculum that includes microeconomic theory, econometrics, and field courses.
The department’s policy is to ensure that all students are fully financed for at least five years as long as they are making good academic progress. Student fees, nonresident tuition, and a stipend are all included in full funding.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
1. First Year: The ARE department provides tuition, fees, and stipend for the first year of study. As a GSR, you will be assigned to a faculty member who will supervise your progress in coursework and may demand some research assistance consistent with your study load.
2. Second and Third Years: During these two years, most students serve as a Graduate Student Instructors or receive support through a Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) appointment. We believe that teaching is an important and valuable component of the learning experience for Ph.D. students that will be valuable for their future careers. Therefore, we expect our students to serve as a Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) for at least two semesters in their second or third year of study.
3. Fourth and Fifth Years: Your faculty dissertation research advisor will help you secure financial support for your final one or two years in the program through fellowship opportunities, grants, or additional teaching. If necessary, funding arrangements for additional years will be made on a by-agreement basis between you and your advisor.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
Your online application must be received by the deadline posted on the main Graduate Admissions website.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applicants may apply to only one single degree program or one concurrent degree program per admission term.