Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Pittsburgh is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Pittsburgh’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Biological Sciences
The University of Pittsburgh, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, provides a PhD in Biological Sciences that is completely funded. The Department of Biological Sciences (Pitt BioSci) educates graduate students in two programs: Ecology and Evolution (EE) and Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology (MCDB).
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
PhD programs provide five years of guaranteed financial support, as well as excellent tuition and health benefits. As of Fall 2021, the standard level of support is $31,380 per year, with an annual increase of around 3-5%. Full tuition waivers, health insurance, transportation, and a variety of other fellowships are available.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.