Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Chicago is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Chicago’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Cinema and Media Studies
The University of Chicago, located in Chicago, Illinois, provides a fully funded PhD program in Cinema and Media Studies. CMS offers courses and counseling to students who concentrate in film and related media within departmental graduate programs or who may be pursuing a dual degree, in addition to its own doctoral degree.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Doctoral students will be assured full tuition coverage, an annual stipend, and fully covered individual annual health insurance premiums from the University of Chicago, external sources, or a combination of the two for the duration of their program. Ph.D. students in Cinema and Media Studies will earn a stipend of $33,000.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.