Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of South Florida is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of South Florida’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Computer Science and Engineering
The University of South Florida in Tampa, FL, offers a fully financed PhD program in Computer Science and Engineering. The Ph.D. is awarded in acknowledgment of a candidate’s highest level of scholarly excellence in doing and reporting important research independently.
We have an excellent selection of courses and laboratories supporting graduate studies in;
- artificial intelligence and intelligent systems,
- computer architecture,
- distributed systems,
- graphics and visualization,
- computer vision,
- distributed systems,
- expert systems,
- formal verification,
- human-computer interface,
- image processing,
- pattern recognition,
- software engineering,
- computer and network security,
- software security, and
- VLSI design and CAD
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The USF Presidential Doctoral Fellowship is available to new doctoral students with exceptional academic credentials (e.g., evidence of experience in the field; research productivity, awards, honors, and professional contributions and achievements to the field).
- Students must be accepted into USF doctoral program but have not yet started taking classes at USF
- Provides a $22,500 fellowship plus tuition/fees for up to five (5) years (contingent upon academic progress)
- Students do not apply, the Department will nominate
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is- Fall: February 15, Spring: October 15.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. A complete application includes:
- Unofficial Transcripts (including the grade sheet and diploma, if applicable)
- PDF of GRE Scores
- Statement of Purpose
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (Must be on official letterhead with recommender’s title and contact)
- PDF of English Proficiency Scores, if applicable