Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Rice University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Rice University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Economics
Rice University, based in Houston, Texas offers a fully funded PhD in Economics. Rice University’s doctoral program in economics prepares students to perform high-quality research. There is coverage of all major disciplines of economics, with specific strengths in theoretical, applied, and empirical microeconomics, as well as econometrics.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All admitted students are given a five-year financial support package in exchange for a teaching or research assistantship. The continuation of financial assistance after the first year is predicated on satisfactory academic success. Students who demonstrate remarkable promise may be eligible for funding beyond the fifth year.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.