Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Information Studies
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, situated in Milwaukee, WI, offers a fully funded PhD in Information Studies that prepares graduates for academic and professional employment that need a thorough understanding of research procedures and evaluation. The PhD in Information Studies focuses on the representation, storage, retrieval, use, and societal effect of information resources.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
According to the Graduate School Schedule, full-time doctorate students are eligible for research and teaching assistantships, as well as monthly income, tuition remission, and health insurance coverage. SOIS provides many funding options for Ph.D. students dependent on availability.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.