Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Chicago Booth is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Chicago Booth’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded JD-PhD in Business and Law
In Chicago, Illinois, the University of Chicago Booth provides a fully funded JD-PhD in Business and Law. The Joint JD-PhD Program prepares you for a career in law or business. You’ll graduate with two advanced degrees. As a PhD student in this joint-degree program, you will have the freedom to follow your research interests wherever they may take you.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All admitted Ph.D. students at Chicago Booth get a tuition grant, a stipend, student health insurance, a computer or computer subsidy, and access to research and travel support. The stipend for a Ph.D. is $43,500 per year. Teaching assistantships are guaranteed in the third and fourth years.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.