Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Penn State University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Penn State University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in African Studies
Penn State University in State College, Pennsylvania, provides a fully funded PhD in African Studies. This is an interdisciplinary program, and the primary goal of the dual-title degree programs in African Studies at Penn State is to increase teaching, research, and scholarship on Africa and African societies.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
For five years, all graduate students in good standing receive complete financial support. Typically, students in our programs serve as teaching assistants. The program also encourages academic conference attendance and gives funding for summer study and research.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.