Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Oregon is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Oregon’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Communication and Media Studies
The University of Oregon in Eugene, OR, offers a fully funded PhD program in Communication and Media Studies. Students in the doctoral program will collaborate as co-authors, scholars, and teachers, performing relevant research alongside media and communication leaders.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Conduct your Ph.D. research at an R1 research institution, where you will receive complete funding for four years and mentoring from internationally recognized experts. If you are approved to our Communication and Media Studies Doctoral program, the School of Journalism and Communication will provide you with four years of graduate employment funding that will cover your whole tuition, health insurance, and a monthly stipend to help with living expenses. The stipend is $1,757 per month.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.