Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Maine is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Maine’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Communication
The University of Maine, Orono, ME, provides a fully financed PhD in Communication. The program accepts roughly ten doctoral students at a time and is geared for individuals who want to combine communication theory and research with a secondary specialization in another area.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Funding options are more diverse for Ph.D. students, but Ph.D. students who are eligible for three years of funding, and may petition for a fourth year. All funding is awarded on an annual, renewable basis based on the candidate’s academic progress and job performance. There are competitive Summer research fellowships. Assistantships include a stipend, a full tuition waiver, and health insurance.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.