Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Old Dominion University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Old Dominion University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Computer Science
The PhD in Computer Science program at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, is fully supported. Graduates of the Ph.D. program are prepared for research roles in academia or industry.
Their graduate professors are in charge of research, and they have interests in
- Machine intelligence and data analytics,
- Web science and digital libraries,
- Data science,
- Parallel algorithms and computing,
- Scientific computing, and
- Stochastic modeling
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The College of Sciences offers the Dominion Graduate Scholar appointment, a competitive award for newly admitted graduate students. In the Department of Computer Science, these Dominion Graduate Scholar awards carry a $20,000 stipend for 12 months.
These awards include full tuition exemption and require that students be enrolled in at least nine hours of graduate courses each semester and three graduate credits during the summer.
The awards are made for a maximum of 2 years, but continuation for the second year will be contingent upon satisfactory performance in the graduate program during the first year.
Qualified graduate students have the opportunity to receive funding while in the graduate program at ODU.
Many of our graduate students are funded either through Graduate Research Assistantships (GRA) or Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTA).
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline are;
- Domestic: June 1, November 1, March 1 .
- International: April 15 October 1 February 1
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
When you are ready, apply for admission online. Once the application is complete, the graduate committee will evaluate the application. The committee looks at the whole application before making a decision.
In general, the committee considers three factors for admitting students into our PhD program:
- GPA and ranking of the graduating school
- GRE scores (there is no cutoff for considering the application)