Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Illinois is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Illinois’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Creative Writing
A fully funded PhD in creative writing is available at the University of Illinois in Chicago, IL. The English graduate program offers a PhD in English with programs in English Studies, Creative Writing (known as the Program for Writers), and English Education. The program is specifically designed to foster creative work in writing and teaching, which will lead to jobs in academic fields.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Accepted PhD students are often given six years of departmental funding in the form of a teaching assistantship. Graduate students can apply for a variety of fellowships and awards from the Graduate College and the Department.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.