Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Kansas is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Kansas’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Economics
The University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas, provides a fully funded PhD in Economics. The Ph.D. program is designed for advanced economics students who want to do research. The degree provides a solid basis in modern economic analysis and allows students to specialize in two areas. They are looking for candidates who have a strong math foundation and have completed training in multivariable calculus, linear algebra, and proofs.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Each year we bring in a class of 7-10 fully-funded students. Our five-year financial support package typically includes a full tuition waiver, a paid GTA position, funding for conference travel, and more.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.