Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Virginia is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Virginia’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in English Literature
The University of Virginia based in Charlottesville, Virginia offers a fully funded PhD in English Literature. Each year, ten Ph.D. students are admitted. With its coursework, tests, guided dissertation research, and teaching training, the PhD program places graduates in positions where research abilities, careful analysis, and outstanding writing are prized.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Tuition, fees, and one-person health-insurance coverage (about $30,000) are granted to all Ph.D. students from the first to the fifth year of study, with students receiving support on a regular basis in the sixth and seventh years of study.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.