Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Chicago is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Chicago’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in French and Francophone Studies
The University of Chicago, located in Chicago, Illinois, provides a PhD in French and Francophone Studies that is completely funded. All of our Ph.D. students design a customized programme of study in a secondary subject, which can be in second Romance literature or another discipline, in addition to the primary field in French and Francophone Studies.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
For the course of their program, Ph.D. students will be assured funding from the University of Chicago, external sources, or a combination of the two, including full tuition coverage, an annual stipend, annual premiums for student health insurance, and a Student Services Fee.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.