Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Louisiana State University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Louisiana State University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Geography
Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, provides a fully funded PhD in Geography. A minimum of 60 credit hours over the bachelor’s degree or 30 hours beyond the master’s degree is required for the Ph.D. in Geography. Currently, the G&A department supports roughly 20 students through departmental teaching assistantships. All full submissions received by the deadline will be considered for funding.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
An assistantship provides a monthly stipend and a non-resident fee waiver in exchange for service. Some assistantships come with full tuition reimbursement.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.