Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Utah is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Utah’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Geography
The University of Utah in Salt Lake City, UT, provides a fully funded PhD in Geography. The PhD is the pinnacle degree in Geography, providing the advanced training needed for employment in research and academia. PhD students work closely with their advisor and committee to create a research-intensive dissertation. The PhD in Geography is designed to be flexible, allowing you to specialize in an area of interest.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Teaching and research assistantships are available to Ph.D. students. These positions are competitively awarded and come with a tuition waiver and subsidized health insurance. Entry into the Ph.D. program requires a Master’s degree.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.