Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Notre Dame is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Notre Dame’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in History
The University of Notre Dame based in Notre Dame, Indiana offers a fully funded PhD in History. The Department of History offers Ph.D. programs in four primary areas: US History, European History, Latin American History, and Medieval History.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
For five years, all graduate students admitted to the Ph.D. program are promised complete tuition and a stipend. Travel to deliver research papers at conferences and summer research fellowships are also supported by funding.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.