Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Northwestern University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Northwestern University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Music
Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, has a fully financed PhD in Music program. Students in this integrated program create a plan of study that incorporates their personal interests as well as a comprehensive approach to modern music research.
Composition, music theory and cognition, music education, and musicology are among the specializations available.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All students who enroll in one of the PhD degree programs in music receive a full tuition waiver for five years, a monthly living stipend, and a subsidy to cover 100% of the premium for Northwestern student health insurance.
Stipends are paid as fellowship for years one and five, and as assistantship for years two, three, and four.
PhD students on assistantship have the opportunity to teach coursework in their field, assist with faculty research, or pursue clinical and field studies. Both fellowship and assistantship funding are taxable.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applicants should begin by completing and submitting the online application via The Graduate School. The PhD is administered by The Graduate School but is taught by Bienen School faculty.