Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Cornell University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Cornell University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Musicology
Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, provides a PhD in Musicology that is fully funded. The doctoral program in musicology is unique in that it is developed individually, in consultation with the student’s Special Committee, and students may combine work in the Field of Music (historical musicology, ethnomusicology, theory, composition, and performance practice) with work in other Fields of study at Cornell.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Accepted Ph.D. students are promised five years of financial support in the form of two years of fellowships (often taken in the first and fifth years) and three years of teaching assistantships.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.