Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Alberta is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Alberta’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Philosophy
The University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada, provides a PhD in philosophy that is completely funded. Students holding an MA in philosophy who enter the PhD program will generally be expected to take 9 single-semester 500-level courses and three comprehensive examinations in one of seventeen areas of philosophy.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Normally, Ph.D. applicants are not admitted unless they have a financing commitment for the estimated duration of the program (subject to satisfactory progress). The majority of graduate students are fully financed. Funding is available in a variety of forms, the most frequent of which are teaching or research assistantships. Departmental assistantships are automatically considered for all graduate applicants.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.