Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Calgary is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Calgary’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Philosophy
The University of Calgary in Calgary, Canada, provides a PhD in Philosophy that is completely funded. As a graduate student, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with our permanent faculty on a variety of philosophical topics. Three areas of particular strength are ethics, philosophy of language and logic, and philosophy of science.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
PhD and thesis-based MA students are usually admitted with a funding guarantee. Teaching assistantships and research scholarships provide financial assistance. Each student enrolled to our PhD program will receive at least $22,000 each year for four years, subject to funding availability and satisfactory progress.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.