Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of South Florida is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of South Florida’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Politics and International Affairs
The University of South Florida, located in Tampa, Florida, provides a fully financed PhD program in Politics and International Affairs. It blends an in-depth study of international relations, comparative politics, American politics, and political theory with a critical awareness of institutions, rights, citizenship/identity, governance, global policy, and justice.
The majority of successful applicants are eligible for support from the department or the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Most of our successful applicants qualify for funding offered by the department or the Office of Graduate Studies. Funded doctoral students will receive a graduate assistantship that includes:
- a stipend for the academic year (9 months)
- a tuition waiver (not including school fees)
- the option of health insurance mostly paid by the department (the student only pays a small amount towards insurance).
All applicants for the doctoral degree are considered for a graduate assistantship – they do not need to complete a separate form.
The graduate assistantship is guaranteed for four years but is based on maintaining satisfactory annual academic progress.
It requires each student to work 20 hours per week, in which case the student would be first assisting professors of the department with their teaching and class preparations and later, after having passed the doctoral comprehensive exams and completed teacher training seminars, teach a class at the University of South Florida.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The department’s deadline for fall admission is January 5.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Students must apply online through the Office of Graduate Admissions.