Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Kansas is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Kansas’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Social Work
The University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas, offers a fully financed PhD in Social Work program. Graduates of the KU School of Social Welfare Doctoral Program develop the knowledge and abilities to drive discovery and advance the field of social work through a rigorous curriculum, real-world research experience, and individualized mentoring by world-renowned experts.
- Master’s degree in social work is preferred. Applicants with master’s degrees related to social work and affiliation with social work activities and values are considered.
- Graduate grade-point average of 3.5 or higher is required.
- Undergraduate grade-point average of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
If enrolled in full-time study, the KU School of Social Welfare will guarantee four years of financial support, as long as student remains in good standing in the program.
In most cases, this will consist of a 50 percent appointment as a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA), Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA), or a combination of the two and paid tuition.
Occasionally, funding may include a higher percentage appointment and/or a fellowship. Many of the GRAs receive funding through one of our research centers or research projects.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
The online application gives you the ability to submit all supporting documents in one form and save in progress. New applicants will be required to create an account.