Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Texas at Austin is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Texas at Austin’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Social Work
The University of Texas at Austin provides a PhD in Social Work that is completely supported. The goal of the Steve Hicks School’s Doctoral Program in Social Work is to create and teach social work scholars who will provide scientific leadership for the discipline and profession. They want to train social workers to become researchers, scholars, and educators.
- Master’s degree from accredited school of social work or related field with extensive experience in human services.
- GPA of 3.00 or above in upper-division (junior and senior) courses and in any completed graduate work.
- Minimum grade of B on a college or above statistics course. Research methods courses do not fulfill this requirement.
- International applicants from countries with primary language other than English: scores for TOEFL (minimum of 100, 25 in each section preferred) and TSE, or TOEFL-iBT. We do not accept IELTS.
- Show capacity for advanced academic work and potential for scholarship.
- Demonstrate excellent writing and analytic skills, show evidence of research interests and capabilities.
PhD Funding Coverage
The PhD Program provides competitive funding for four years, including fellowships, health insurance, stipends, and tuition (9 hour semesters, 3 hour summers).
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The deadline to submit all application materials is November 18. Applicant files not complete by this deadline will not be reviewed.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Submit via online application page.