Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Brown University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Brown University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Africana Studies
Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, provides a PhD in Africana Studies that is completely funded. The graduate program in Africana Studies at Brown is designed to rigorously prepare students to create new and innovative scholarship that investigates and analyzes the distinct contributions of Africana cultural, intellectual, political, and artistic productions, as well as critically investigate and develop new methods and theories of critical interdisciplinary scholarship.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The Graduate School provides guaranteed financial support to doctorate students for six years, including a salary, tuition remission, and health insurance subsidies. Sixth-year funding is frequently available.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.