Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The City University of New York is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the City University of New York’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Art History
The City University of New York offers a fully funded PhD in Art History. The CUNY Graduate Center’s Ph.D. Program in Art History is dedicated to the development of researchers, teachers, museum curators, art critics, and other arts professionals.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The Ph.D. Program in Art History admits nine students every year. Seven will get Graduate Center Fellowships (GCFs), while two will receive tuition-only Fellowships. The GCFs are a five-year, $26,128-per-year program (including healthcare).
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.