Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Northwestern University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Northwestern University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Art History
Northwestern University, based in Evanston, Illinois offers a fully funded PhD in Art History. The PhD Program in Art History is meant to educate students for academic research and teaching, as well as work in museums and other visual arts settings. Global Modern and Contemporary, African American and African Diaspora, Caribbean, Early Modern, Asian, and Ancient and Medieval are the areas in which they now offer coursework and advisement.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The department offers complete financial support to Ph.D. students for five years, as well as travel funds for conference presentations and archive research.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.