Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Michigan is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Michigan’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Biomedical Engineering
The University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, offers a fully funded PhD program in Biomedical Engineering. Six cutting-edge graduate concentrations are available. Students plan a course of study in one of six concentrations under the supervision of BME faculty advisors: Bioelectrics and Neural Engineering, Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine, Biomedical Imaging and Ultrasonics, Biotechnology and Systems Biology, Biomechanics and Biotransport, and Medical Product Development.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All admitted BME PhD students receive full funding from their research mentors, either through external or internal grants or as Graduate Student Instructors.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.