Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The York University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the York University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Cinema and Media Studies
York University, based in Canada offers a fully funded PhD in Cinema and Media Studies. The PhD in Cinema & Media Studies is an exciting program in which students conduct innovative and interdisciplinary study on the full range of sound and moving image media practices and traditions.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Domestic PhD students are paid more than $24,000 per year, including healthcare benefits and other forms of research assistance. Most Cinema & Media Studies (CMS) Ph.D. students have obtained additional support through awards in recent years. International applicants should apply as soon as possible.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.