Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Toronto is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Toronto’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Cinema Studies
In Canada, the University of Toronto offers a fully funded PhD in Cinema Studies. The PhD program in Cinema Studies examines the evolving role of moving image media in global society. Theoretical, linguistic, social, and historical rubrics are used to study past and present cinematic combinations.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Accepted graduate students will receive a base funding package. This will be a base financing package for PhD students each year for four years. Tuition and fees, as well as $20,000, will be included in the base funding. The base financing includes teaching assistantships and grading positions.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.