Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Virginia is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Virginia’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Civil Engineering
The University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia, offers a fully funded PhD in Civil Engineering program. The Ph.D. in Civil Engineering is a stepping stone to professions as an academic, researcher, consultant, or in management/leadership in a university, institute, industry, or government.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The majority of approved Ph.D. students receive financial assistance. GRAs, GTAs, and/or other fellowships are examples of funding opportunities. ESE is committed to accumulating the resources necessary to fund Ph.D. students for a period of five years, subject to successful progress toward the degree. For Ph.D. students, the department’s standard stipend is $30,450.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.