Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Washington is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Washington’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Computer Science and Engineering
The University of Washington in Seattle, Washington, provides a fully funded PhD in Computer Science and Engineering. The Ph.D. program is a research-intensive curriculum that leads to the Master’s and Doctor of Philosophy degrees.
A complete, high-quality graduate computer science curriculum is included in the program.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The Allen School provides every student accepted to our Ph.D. program with full financial support in the form of teaching and research assistantships or fellowships, from program inception to degree.
In exchange for 20 hours of work per week, Research/Teaching Assistants receive:
- Tuition waiver of all but approximately $250 per quarter in fees
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses
- Health insurance (100% of premium for student, 65% of premium for dependents)
There are two major categories of fellowships: those that students can apply for directly, and those to which students must be nominated by faculty. Most students will be more interested in the first category, since these are the fellowships that they can actively seek for themselves.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 15.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.