Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of British Columbia is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of British Columbia’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Computer Science
A fully financed PhD in Computer Science is available at the University of British Columbia in Canada. Every prospective graduate student is allocated an advisor from the faculty. These assignments are developed with the student’s research interests and the faculty member’s workload in mind.
- Applicants to the Master’s Program should hold a degree academically equivalent to a UBC four-year Bachelor’s degree.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
PhD students in good standing each receive $30,000 per year based on a combination of teaching and/or research duties and Tuition Fee Award. Teaching duties require an average of 12 hours per week.
PhD students are typically funded by a combination of TA-ships and RA-ships. This typically takes the form of at least one TA-ship per year, though this may vary.
Most students have the opportunity for additional funding, such as additional TA-ships for a smaller number of hours a week, based on mutual agreement with their advisor or supervisor.
Support is generally guaranteed for the first 60 months of the program, contingent on the student’s satisfactory performance in his or her assigned tasks.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 15.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Online application will be available in late September/early October. Apply early so that your referees can submit their references by the deadline.
Complete and submit your application with supporting documents. We strongly recommend that you upload them online to avoid delays.