Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Economics
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts, offers a fully funded PhD in Economics program. Every year, roughly twenty students enter the PhD program. Microeconomic theory, macroeconomics, and econometrics are mandatory courses for doctoral students.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Full tuition for the academic year, health insurance, and a stipend/salary to cover living expenses for the nine-month academic year are all included in scholarship offers. Financial aid is contingent on acceptable academic advancement in years two through five. Financial aid in the third through fifth years is often in the form of a Teaching or Research Assistantship. The compensation for a 9-month teaching assistantship is around $35,000.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.