Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of California-Santa Barbara is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of California-Santa Barbara’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Economics
A fully funded PhD in Economics is available at the University of California-Santa Barbara. The PhD Program at UC Santa Barbara is designed for students who want to further their education and do original research in economics. On average, it will take five to six years to complete the Ph.D. degree.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All approved Ph.D. students will get a full financial aid package that includes full tuition, health insurance, and a stipend. For students who make adequate progress, financial aid packages consisting of Teaching Assistantships and fellowship money are guaranteed for five years.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.