Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Pittsburgh is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Pittsburgh’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Geology and Environmental Science
The University of Pittsburgh, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, provides a PhD in Geology and Environmental Science that is completely funded. The PhD degree requires 72 credits, 36 of which must be formal lecture and laboratory courses.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The full financial package provides students with assistance throughout their graduation careers. First-year graduate students often receive a tuition scholarship plus a teaching assistantship (TA), while some students may obtain a graduate research assistantship (GSR) or a fellowship. All of these alternatives provide a respectable stipend as well as complete tuition coverage.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.