Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of North Carolina is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of North Carolina’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Information and Library Science
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, located in North Carolina, provides a fully funded PhD in Information and Library Science. In a variety of settings, the curriculum provides chances for research, teaching, and leadership. The SILS doctoral program prepares students for careers in academia and research through intensive but extremely flexible and adaptable coursework.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
SILS normally gives full-time PhD candidates with financial assistance for up to five years of study. There are numerous sources of assistance. UNC Graduate School fellowships, research and teaching assistantships within SILS, and modest fellowships that augment the assistantship stipend are common sources of financing for SILS PhD candidates.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.