Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of California Santa Cruz is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of California Santa Cruz’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Linguistics
The PhD in Linguistics program at the University of California, Santa Cruz, is fully funded. The linguistics graduate program at UCSC is small, focused, and intensive. It focuses on a few key linguistic subdisciplines: morphology, phonetics, phonology, pragmatics, psycholinguistics, semantics, and syntax.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All students admitted to the PhD program are assured financing for the entire five-year program. Fellowships are the most common form of first-year support. Following years, financial support is primarily provided by Teaching Assistantships and Research Assistantships, with certain students receiving fellowships.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.