Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Hawaii at Manoa is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Hawaii at Manoa’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Linguistics
A completely funded PhD in Linguistics is available at the University of Hawaii at Manoa in Honolulu, Hawaii. The Ph.D. program offers thorough professional preparation for research and teaching jobs. Ph.D. students must demonstrate proficiency in a language other than their native language. For eight semesters, the Department of Linguistics provides full assistance (a graduate assistantship with a salary and a full tuition waiver) to all PhD students.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
PhD students receive roughly $18,204 per year in Graduate Assistantships. On a competitive basis, students may seek for up to two additional semesters of Graduate Assistantship support.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.