Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Rochester is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Rochester’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Linguistics
The University of Rochester in Rochester, New York, provides a fully funded PhD in Linguistics program. Students interested in pursuing a fully-funded joint PhD program in Linguistics with a focus on cross-disciplinary training and collaboration are encouraged to apply to the Department of Linguistics. Students will major in Linguistics with a secondary major in one of the Arts, Sciences, or Engineering departments.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The PhD program is completely supported. PhD students are given a tuition scholarship as well as a small stipend to help with living expenses.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.