Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Binghamton University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Binghamton University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Management
Binghamton University’s School of Management (SOM) STEM-designated doctoral program emphasizes theory and research methodology to prepare students for careers in academia at top-tier institutions. The program boasts an intimate 1:1 student-faculty ratio and is designed for full-time students.
The dynamic PhD curriculum includes courses in advanced quantitative and qualitative research methods. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the non-departmentalized nature of the program and explore disciplines outside the School of Management.
Depending on the individual area of specialization, students may elect to take courses in economics, psychology, mathematics, sociology or other disciplines.
While each area of study has individual requirements, the Management PhD program generally consists of two years of classes followed by two years of dissertation research.
- Leadership and Organizational Science
- Management Information Systems
- Supply Chain and Business Analytics (not currently accepting applications)
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Students admitted to the doctoral program receive funding for a maximum of four years, conditional on satisfactory performance, as determined by a member of the PhD program faculty.
- Funding consists of a full tuition scholarship and a teaching or research assistantship for each academic year. Recipients work 20 hours per week.
- The stipend amount for Fall 2022 was $18,500 annually, supplemented by a potential $6,000 faculty supervised summer research assistantship, and a fee scholarship of approximately $2,500 per year (for a total of $27,000 annually).
- SOM policy does not permit funding recipients to take on any other work (paid or otherwise), unless approved by the concentration coordinator, the PhD program director, and the SOM Dean. This includes fall, spring, and summer of every year.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
You must apply to the Management PhD program through the Graduate School at Binghamton University with following application package.
- One official transcript of all prior college work.
- Three letters of recommendation from people acquainted with you.
- A resume detailing your educational and work experience.
- A personal statement describing your career goals.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores.
- International applicants – TOEFL with a minimum score of 600 (paper), 250 (CBT), 100 (IBT), 7.5 (IELTS).