Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Pittsburgh is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Pittsburgh’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in International Affairs
Whether you want to teach, conduct research, or work in a policy environment, our PhD program will equip you with the skills, tools, and knowledge to succeed in highly competitive environments such as leading universities, government agencies, and nonprofit and nongovernmental organizations around the world.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Most students who are accepted for the GSPIA doctoral program are awarded four years of funding. This allows you to complete your required coursework and your doctoral dissertation.
Typically, students receive graduate student assistantships (GSAs) or teaching assistantships (TAs), which provide salary, tuition, fees, and medical insurance. If you have an assistantship, you’re required to work 20 hours per week as assigned by the associate dean.
Assistantships will be renewed each academic year if you are in good academic standing and making normal progress in achieving your doctoral milestones.
At the end of your first spring term, your academic record should indicate that you have earned a minimum of 24 credits with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, and that you have completed your doctoral core courses.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 15.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Submit the online application in its entirety. All your application materials can be submitted electronically.
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- Personal Essay
- Optional Essay (Master’s Applicants) and Research Proposal/Writing Sample (PhD Applicants)
- GRE or GMAT scores (optional for master’s applicants)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test scores (international applicants only)
- Academic Transcripts
- Two Letters of recommendation