Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Pittsburgh is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Pittsburgh’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Music
The University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, offers a fully financed PhD in Music program. The curriculum includes four areas of music scholarship: ethnomusicology, musicology, composition and theory, and jazz studies.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
For five years, all graduate students are completely supported by a fellowship or assistantship. Teaching Fellowships cover complete tuition, health insurance, and a stipend of around $19,180.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Prospective students should apply online by filling out the online application form, paying the application fee and attaching pdf files of the statement of purpose, transcripts, resumé/CV and samples of work. Applicants must include the names and contact information for three references with the online application.