Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Boston University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Boston University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Musicology
Boston University provides a fully financed PhD in Musicology with specialties in Musicology, Ethnomusicology, or Musicology and Ethnomusicology.
It is primarily intended for those planning to pursue research and teaching careers at a university, college, or conservatory.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All newly admitted PhD candidates in Musicology will get a 5-year fellowship that may include a Non-Service Fellowship, Teaching Fellowship, or Research Fellowship.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Complete the application for graduate admission to the College of Fine Arts.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee of $95.
- Three (3) academic letters of recommendation submitted through the online application.
- Upload transcripts from all colleges and universities to your electronic application.
- Personal statement uploaded in the application indicating the applicant’s purpose in pursuing graduate work, career objectives, and particular interest in BU.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Upload a research paper to your electronic application.
- Optional: Submit GRE score
- No audition is required.