Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of New Mexico is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of New Mexico’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Philosophy
The University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico, provides a fully funded PhD in Philosophy. The PhD program is a four- to six-year program that requires forty-eight hours of graduate courses, fifteen of which must satisfy distribution criteria in the fields of philosophy history, metaphysics, ethics, and knowledge theory.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The UNM Department of Philosophy offers full financial support for five years, which can be prorated for students who have already completed some graduate work in philosophy. The assistance may take the form of a Philosophy Teaching Assistantship or an English TA-ship. TA positions come with a stipend of at least $15,600 and a tuition waiver.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.