Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University at Albany is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University at Albany’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Public Administration and Policy
The University at Albany, based in Albany, New York offers a fully funded PhD in Public Administration and Policy. The core PhD curriculum covers the theoretical foundations of public administration and public policy, advanced research design, and professional development.
You will take additional coursework in public management, public policy, or public financial management, and also receive rigorous training in specialized methods tools such as econometrics, qualitative methods, spatial analysis, and network analysis.
You are encouraged to take courses in other departments including economics, sociology, political science, psychology, and public health.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The department offers fellowships with multiple years of funding that include a full tuition waiver and stipend. In these fellowships, you work as a research and teaching assistant, enabling you to gain valuable experience to prepare for your dissertation and the academic job market.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is January 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
We suggest you have all required elements for your application in place before you apply. Please read the Instructions for Application Materials below for detailed information on each required material.
Gather these general application materials:
- Transcripts of all post-secondary schools attended
- Statement of Background and Goals
- Graduate Assistantship/Fellowship Application
- Your recommenders’ names and email addresses
- Any program-specific application materials listed above (such as standardized test scores, a writing samples, a portfolio, etc.)
Create an account within our application portal, which you will use to submit your application and application fee.