Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The New York University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the New York University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Public Health
New York University in New York, NY, offers a fully funded PhD in Public Health program. Epidemiology, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Public Health Policy & Management, and Biostatistics are the PhD concentrations.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Students who are admitted to the program will be fully funded by a fellowship or a combination of fellowship and Research Assistantship for five years.
During fellowship years, students will engage with their mentors and develop their scholarship and portfolio. In Research Assistantship years, students will continue to build their portfolios while working on an externally funded project with her/his mentor or another GPH faculty member.
NYU GPH also offers some competitive funding to PhD students to cover conference travel, pre-dissertation exploratory research, and dissertation write-up.
International students who apply by the specified deadline and are admitted to the PhD in Public Health are automatically considered for the same competitive financing opportunities as domestic students to fully fund your education.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
All applications to the PhD programs at NYU GPH must be submitted through SOPHAS, the common application for schools and programs of public health.
- SOPHAS application form
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (or an evaluation of your credentials if you graduated from a foreign institution)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
English language proficiency exam results for all applicants whose native language is not English.
- Writing sample (must be sole author or first author among multiple)