Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of South Carolina is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of South Carolina’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Public Health
The University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, provides a Ph.D. in Public Health that is completely supported.
The Arnold School of Public Health has expanded to specialize on a wide range of public health topics. Parallel to our rapid expansion, the Arnold School has grown to encompass six departments and ten areas of study.
- Athletic Training
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Exercise Science
- Health Promotion, Education, and Behavior
- Health Services Policy and Management
- Physical Activity and Public Health
- Physical Therapy
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All PhD students are offered a three- or four-year assistantship, in-state tuition, a minimum stipend of $5,000-$6,000 per semester, and a minimum $15,000 tuition supplement over three years. Doctoral candidates are also eligible for various competitive grants.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Please submit application package;
- A completed application (SOPHAS, CSDCAS, PTCAS, HAMPCAS, ATCAS, or the USC Graduate School)
- A four year baccalaureate degree or its equivalent (for a doctoral degree, an earned master’s degree is typically required)
- Official transcripts from all schools or colleges previously attended
- Grade point average of 3.00/4.00 or higher
- Required test scores
- Two to three letters of recommendation (depending on program)
- Resume or CV
- Statement of purpose
- For international applicants, a satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic Course Type 2 exam.